Home | Accessibility | Council Meeting Live Stream | Staff Directory  
Print this page click to make the content text on the page larger click to make the content text on the page larger click to make the content text on the page smaller

Compliments & Complaints

The Town is committed to a consistent and transparent process to respond to complaints received from members of the public regarding Town programs, facilities, services, staff, and operational procedures.

What is a Complaint? 

A complaint is an expression of dissatisfaction about the action or lack of action taken, operations, facilities or the service by the Town, or by a person or body acting on behalf of the Town.

A Complaint is Distinct From:

A Service Request is a request made to the Town for a specific service, or to notify the Town that a scheduled service was not provided on time.

Please submit your Service Request by registering to our Online Service System.  

You can also contact staff using email as follows:

For a request for compensation if you believe the Town is legally responsible for a bodily injury or property damage you have experienced, visit our Risk Management page or contact Risk Management Staff.

To send an opinion, comment or expression of interest in a Town program or service, contact General Information.

To send an expression of approval for a Town service, staff member, program, product, or process, contact the Town's Chief Administrative Officer.

For any other general enquiries, contact General Information.

Submitting a Complaint

The Town has established an internal procedure to ensure that all complaints are investigated using a consistent and uniform process. To submit a complaint, contact the Clerks Office.

To submit a formal complaint to the Town, you will be asked to provide the following information:

  • The name, phone number, email address and mailing address of the complainant
  • Background leading to the complaint
  • Date, time and locations of any incident
  • Names of any Town employees previously contacted regarding the complaint
  • Actions the complainant is requesting of the Town

All complaints will be dealt with in a confidential manner according to the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.



Shawn Everitt
Chief Administrative Officer
519-599-3131 x234

By-law Enforcement
519-599-3131 x249

Clerk's Office
519-599-3131 x232